Thursday

Not ANOTHER TuTu Tutorial!!

That's right I AM doing a tutorial on a Tutu!

It's quite easy! All you need is some ribbon the length of the waist in need of a Tutu with big knots in both ends and some tulle. I used about 6-7 yards of tulle. (If you buy it by-the-yard instead of on the roll, you get more for your money!) I did use both the roll version and the by-the-yard version, I love different textures!


Next cut a lot of strips about 4"-6" width strips, it doesn't have to be exact. Get one strip fold in half and place behind the ribbon.


Bring the ends up and through the loop (around the ribbon).


Then pull back down until tight. Fill up the ribbon and you have your very own Tutu!

The first person that comments on this post will receive their very own Tutu made by ME!! All you will have to do in return is put my button on your blog and of course you HAVE to follow my blog! So leave a link to your blog so I can get in touch! You have 24 hours to reply, if a no-show then I will move down the line! So COMMENT!!



3 comments:

Azara said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the tip! I'm not crafty, but this looks like something I could manage.

And thanks for joining my blog :)

mama2lilev said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@AzaraThanks for stopping by AND commenting! The tutu is yours. I'll email you for specifics.

PS LOVE your blog

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My children are all older (as in teens and a tween) but I actually made one of them a tutu for spirit week at school. My oldest son wanted to dress up like Snow White (his 7 dwarfs were all girls!) and I could not find him a yellow skirt or a dress that looked like Snow White without spending over $20 for an actual costume. So instead we went with a yellow tutu. It was so easy and I am glad I got the chance to try this technique out!

Kerry from Country Living On A Hill