Tuesday

Everyday Craft - Day 7 - Kid's Blanket Shrug




Day 7

You would think that my kids would be so happy that I made something for them, right? Think again Missy!

This craft was inspired from a Christmas present I received from my mom. It was the Wal-Mart version of a blanket shrug. I can't remember the name of it ...its not snuggie, slanket, or blug or I don't know! The name of it is not important. What is important is the fact that I have lived in this Wal-Mart  knock-off version of a blanket shrug since I got it on Christmas Day! Don't judge me save it for your momma or your llama!

All you need is some fleece, sewing machine, scissors, tape measure and some creativity for embellishing it!


Next I measured my daughters from elbow to elbow for width then from shoulder to mid thigh, double that for your length. The most wonderful thing about the fleece fabrics is the don't fray!!

Once you have it cut out, fold in half length wise then find the center of the width. Cut half the length.



If I was going to give this away I would put a 1/4" seam around the edges but since it's for my kids, I just surged the edges!



I added a iPhone/iPod pocket and personalized with initials and voila....a knock-off of a knock-off of an infomerical!! 


 I have really got to quit giving my kids reasons to NOT get dressed in the morning!! (Notice the pinkie! She thought it added some class!)


There are lots of ways to embellish this craft: bling, fabric paint, embroidery, pocket for back scratcher (husband idea!). The possibilities are endless!! Let me know how yours turns out!

Don't tell anyone but next year for Christmas, this is what EVERYONE is getting!!


No comments: