Sunday

Bow Tie Made For A Pitbull!


This craft was inspired by two people. First Lionel Messi, if you have no idea who he is then you need to Google him then slap yourself for not paying attention to soccer. We are HUGE soccer fans at my house and last week when he accepted his award, he had on the most AWESOME polka dot suit! How could I pass up the opportunity!

Since my house is full of estrogen (1 Mama, 2 little girls, female dog & female cat), I try really hard not to force my husband into too many projects. One is his limit, I know the rules! My husband actually suggested my "subject", Roland.

Yes, he is a pitbull and before you go crazy on me, he is actually very sweet and well mannered! Even though his neck does measure 22", he is quite a lover not a fighter! What better way to show it than with his own bow tie! Isn't he quite dapper?!

(Love this picture because I can't tell if he is mad or he is just posing for the camera!)

This was by far one of the easiest projects I have attempted to sew lately. I used the waist of an old pair of sweatpants for the collar (cheating I know that was the point!) and some scraps of fabric I had from Halloween (black polka dots) and Christmas (soccer balls).


Basically, I sewed on the bias tape then Velcro. (I made it adjustable because he is still a baby. He needs room to grow)


For the actual bow tie, I cut 2 squares in each fabric, one a little smaller. Then put right sides together sewed around outside, make sure and leave an opening to turn fabric inside out. Then I hand stitched the bow tie exactly how I wanted it to pleat.


Attached the bow tie to the collar and there you have it. A bow tie made for a Pitbull!

I'm sharing my project at....

1 comment:

Fluster Buster said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

He looks very dapper! I'm following you via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

Robin
Fluster Buster